Monday, June 29, 2015

too stressssed...

...to keep doing what I am doing. It's been a rough day at my place of employment. Though the work itself was not difficult. I was cooking in the Aprons' food demo. booth making a salad with shrimp. It was, according to all the people who tasted it, pretty good. I am not a shrimp or seafood eater, so I did not try it myself, but all those passers-by who said they were shrimp lovers reported it to be really good. A number of people commented on the fact that the shrimp were tender, and tasty, so apparently they have had some experience with eating some that have been likely overcooked and tough to chew.

It's a pretty simple recipe with the salad being romaine lettuce, topped with diced up avocado and mango. Which would make a great salad in my opinion. But then you add the shrimp that has been cooked under the broiler for about five minutes after you sprinkle on some seafood seasoning. And mix up dressing that is mostly Cesar, with some honey and hot-wing sauce. I tried to tell everyone who got a sample on a little plate, that I reduced the amount of spicy stuff by one half: adding only one tablespoon of hot sauce instead of two that is listed on the recipe.

There are so many elderly people with digestive problems who come in and like to try new recipes, as well as moms with small children who want to see what we're cooking. So I generally will only include half the amount of spicy ingredients instead of deliberately following the recipe. Trying to remember to tell people: If you want yours at home to taste just like what you are eating, you need to know I only used half the quantity the recipe calls for, of the tear-inducing, fire-breathing stuff.

I guess it was good, most people had positive comments. A number of people said they did not eat shrimp, and several reported they were allergic, with one guy saying he would take the recipe and substitute chicken for the seafood. Which would be a good, tasty idea, but if I were doing it you can rest assured I would be leaving out the hot-wing sauce entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment