Sunday, June 21, 2015

the next next U turn...

... was actually several, as they  began to multiply when I was driving and trying to read the road map at the same time. Once again, elucidating the value of a navigator/companion to help with directions as well as road sign observation. Though I think printed DOT maps are more reliable than GPS as tried and true methods for finding one's way in unfamiliar terrain, multitasking while driving is not recommended.

I think I made at least four U turns this afternoon, when I got off the interstate to drive through the countryside. Seeing that traffic had come to a complete standstill, with map in hand, I knew I would eventually get home, by heading west. Lost my highway number in Covington, in Jackson and in Barnesville, and sort of in Thomaston. But eventually figured it all out, after taking the scenic route on several occasions.

So here I am. Home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment