Friday, June 12, 2015

not the record...

... for number of hours worked in one day, but not too far off. I went in to work last Sunday morning at 7:00 and left at 5:15.And squeezed in a thirty minute  break, just to keep from getting in more hot water over not taking lunch. Which makes nine and a half hours.

Not like last Sunday when I was there for over eleven, trying to get finished. Which is pointless, as well as without merit. As well as thoroughly under-appreciated, and more likely to get criticism than thanks. You never get finished. You do what you can, then you walk out the door. I am convinced that working in this industry, and probably retail in general, is like living in a house with small children who never grow up. You are continually picking up, cleaning up, tidying up after them, in a never ending process.

My goal here is to consistently get more hours working in the produce department than in the cooking demo. I am hoping that having worked more time doing the prep. work with salads and fruit will cause my 'job class' to revert to produce.

Which will mean the payroll system will (hopefully) give back the income I lost when transferred to customer service department. It would be really nice to get all that back pay, for these months in the cooing demo., but that's not going to happen. What I do hope for is to so endear myself to the manager of the produce department that I will go back on his payroll and get back to the pay level I was before the job change earlier in the year.

Sadly, I could work at the food demo. until the end of time and never receive a raise. The pay level I was reduced to when my 'job class' changed is the top for this work, so I am stuck here in a catch-22 situation. But hopeful that will change in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment