Monday, July 7, 2014

monday morning plans...

I had great intentions for much productiveness today. Starting with sawing up that big limb out in the yard that fell in a recent storm. But on reflection, I see myself calling the guys who mow and blow. To say:' the next time you come around, best bring the chain saw and haul this limb away when you leave'.

The saw would not start. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. In truth, the person I count on to do the rope pulling did not have the strength to get it going. I am not sad. Or disappointed. As I knew it would take multiple trips of pushing the wheelbarrow up that steep driveway to get the pieces delivered street-side for the trash truck to pick up later in the week. And was dreading the lifting, tugging, trundling, repeat more than the actual sawing part. He suggested I could just use the little hand/bow saw I occasionally use. But this limb is probably at the largest, six inches in diameter. Not a 'bow-saw sized' project. So I plan to put in a call the lawn guys to let them resolve this particular dilemma.

As I said: I'm not wasting my time grieving over the' fail'. There is still plenty of tree trash for me to pick up, pile into the wheelbarrow and dump up along the street for pickup. And since I have already put the bug stuff on my legs, I might as well go ahead and get started  - do a couple of loads before it gets too hot to be out there pushing and shoving.

No comments:

Post a Comment