Saturday, July 26, 2014

little yapper....

The fuzzball is gone. She was in residence for a week, but her owner, E. returned from a week in FL, and came to retrieved her to this morning. I'd left a note on the crate for her to let me know when she stopped by. I was worried that the tiny little bladder would create problems if she was left in the house too long - like all day. So I was expecting to come home for lunch to let her out, and save myself the aggravation of having to clean up a mess.

I am glad it will be getting back to normal here, and peaceful at night. It will be nice to be able to sleep without the whining of a dog that thinks she is being mistreated because she is alone. But she was a good walk taker. That little pink tongue would be hanging out, and feets stepping as fast as they could go when we were headed back toward the house.

I won't say I will miss having her to go with me when I get out and do my two miles in the late afternoon. But I can say it did not take me long to get into the habit of having company to go along. I am pretty sure I have all the 'high maintenance' individuals living here I can manage at the time. If Lucy the cat were patient enough, and willing to sit still, I think she would enjoy a wagon ride. Though it is not at all likely she would tolerate it long enough to admire the scenery. And would, I am sure, be very vocal about her preferences. If you can picture it in your head, it is certainly an amusing sight. Sitting there in the wagon, black as night, like the Queen of Sheba, enjoying the passing sights.

No comments:

Post a Comment