Monday, July 7, 2014

it was not wasted...

...as it turned out to be a productive day, just not in the manner I had envisioned while I was still in bed, thinking of what would happen today. Great plans for getting stuff done in the yard: didn't happen.

But I did ask the man who lives here if he was interested in underwriting another crate of fresh corn. So I have been to the store, bought a second case, shucked, cleaned, scraped and have it in a couple of pots barely simmering (to prevent scorching on the bottom due to high sugar content). I will have to wait till Tuesday to put it in the freezer as I do not have any bags, and not willing to make a trip into the store just for zipper bags to package it up.

That's it for my day, other than doing the mindless, endless task of laundry. Hope I can get it all done and squared away before I will have to leave home about 6:30 to go and spend the night at church. It's that time again: God Blesses me when I sleep in church.

There are two families, both I think single moms with several kids who will be housed at CCC this week. I told my Publix boss about my dilemma: not able to get to work at 6:00 am, due to having to be at church until 7:00 when the van comes to pick them up for the day. So he agreed to change my hours so I don't have to be there until 8:00, though I will go as soon as the group has cleared out, just to try to keep the work day from going on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment