Friday, July 18, 2014

got to hold the baby....

... when the new mom came for lunch. I had invited my friend M, who lives in Naples, to come for lunch. She is here visiting her son, his wife and the new (three weeks old) baby girl named Ocean. I told her to bring anyone she wanted, that she would like to see/visit with but had not enough time, due to wanting to be with family. So M. brought a friend, and asked her daughter in law if she would want to come, just to get out of the house a bit.

We were probably all surprised when she did show up, here with everyone else being of AARP age... but I think she enjoyed herself. And  we all enjoyed seeing her and that new person.  I am sure that she was a bit uneasy about us holding that tiny person but she was willing to share at bit. Wow. You forget how tiny they are when they are freshly hatched.... this one weighed just over six pounds at birth. Hard to imagine.

We had good lunch: I made chicken salad, broccoli slaw. A friend brought some crackers and hummus, another a green salad. We ate and visited. Nice company, pleasant day. It's been so long since anyone not related came to see me! I even opened the FRONT door - and had to send them all back out through the carport, saying they were not allowed to come in through the laundry room.

No comments:

Post a Comment