Sunday, July 13, 2014

335...

miles on Saturday. I drove up to Decatur on Friday afternoon, with surprisingly little traffic congestion. I can't take any credit: it was early enough that the masses had yet to get on the 12-lane-wide interstate. Plus I was pretty much going in the opposite direction from anyone who would have been leaving work, headed home in the afternoon. A couple of really heavy rain showers - so sudden and drenching, you really could not see to drive. With the wipers on high, and cruise control off, it was pouring one minute, and then two miles down the road: sunshine and bright blue skies...almost like being in Florida!

Got up very early on Sat. and drove to SC to visit my pen pal in Greenville. He's doing well, probably slowing down incrementally, but keeps himself active and interested in what's happening in the world.  A couple of times when I have gone up for the day, I have taken all the ingredients for making blueberry muffins,  including pan. Which I did again yesterday, and we had fresh, hot from the oven muffins for breakfast. Then enjoyed some fresh from the garden tomatoes for lunch.

A nice visit with cuzzin' E. who lives a bit south of Greenville, and a good salad at O'charley's, that turned into two meals. (The second half was my lunch today). A stop for gas ($3.18) at a truck stop right on I-85, and back to Decatur before it got completely dark.  There was no need for anyone to rock me to sleep... I was ready to fall into bed, as I had to get up to drive back to Columbus this morning. Arriving in time to go to 9:00 church service before I had to be at work at 11:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment