Friday, July 5, 2013

traveling from MS...part 4

Everyone is back into their proper little slots. We got home early afternoon. I have washed,dried and folded. Travelers are returned to their right places, own little spaces. All is well. Remember being a kid and thinking: If it is raining, right here, right now, in this little square I am currently occupying - it must be raining Every Where, all over the world, on every other head? (or maybe you were lacking in so much coherent conscious thought - but generally...). It has rained a Lot. To the point that we might be incrementally headed towards that place in science fiction where it Always Rained.... yijkes!

I have to work Saturday and Sunday. Pretty unusual, the Sat. work. But I did it last week as well, when there was a big wedding to be delivered downtown. My co-worker, who can get really anxious trying to do a jam-up job, and wanting assurance that the always spectacular results will be pleasing to the customer- was pretty stressed about the whole thing.

But as usual - pretty much out-did his-outstanding-self  with really amazing work. And when one of the participants - the guy who, when asked, 'who gives this woman', said 'her mother and I' - came by the store with compliments for MF, I told him he was preaching to the choir. Being the person who probably knows better than anyone what a smart, talented, remarkable person my co-worker is, I still never cease to be amazed at some of the creative, imaginative things he does. If I was a TV'er, I'd have him auditioning for some reality show where every one is trying to out-do the other artists with amazing work. And I know he would be The Best.

No comments:

Post a Comment