Friday, July 19, 2013

blueberries + recipe ingredients = muffings!

I was out late yesterday afternoon to do more berry picking. I'd pretty much gotten all the ones that were ripe several days ago, and noticing it was time to pick more. I've been putting them on a baking sheet and in the freezer before bagging to store. Looks like I will have at least four quarts from that one bush that has been so prolific. It has been so faithfully, dependably reliable over the years - even though I tend to completely ignore it until I notice it is blooming, and then months later say: 'Oh! It's time to start picking.' I resolve to take better care of it: 'after the 'season' and I have picked all the delicious fruit. I'll pull out all the honeysuckle that has grown up on the fence and wants to strangle it. And trim out the dead branches...

I saved out a cup full before putting them on the pan last night, to make a batch of muffins this morning. I put all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, put a lid on. Put all the liquids in a container, with a lid, and the berries in a zip bag. Ready to travel.

Got up this morning at 4:30 when the alarm went off. Gathering up the ingredients for baking, and left home. To bake for the person who says: "I feed other people All The Time, and no one ever cooks for me!"  I was thinking those delicious berries are so big, fat, juicy (some are literally the size of marbles!), I'm not sure the end product will hold together - it will be all berry! But they were very good- I think I will go have another just to be sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment