Tuesday, July 16, 2013

didja' miss me?

I've been traveling again... and amazed at the prices of gas from one side of the state to the other, and top to bottom. It's crazy. There is about forty cents difference between middle and south GA. I am glad that I am driving something that gets remarkably good mileage, so I don't have to curtail my running around.

I was in SC last Friday, where I bought gas for $3.09. And back to Decatur before dark. Where I spent the night, to get up on Saturday morning and trek through the woods with probably eight thousand complete strangers (and four people I knew) for a fund-rasier that would benefit the Rockdale County EMS. I'm pretty sure the 'appeal' of the event was getting color bombed - which apparently the other eight-thousand-four found amusing. Brightly dyed bags of colored cornstarch and water buffaloes full of colored water to saturate all the runner/walker participants. I can definitely mark that off my bucket list...

And as if I had completely taken leave of my good sense: drove to south GA on Sunday night after working all day. It was either that or make the trip down and back in one day - so I know I made the right decision. Where I bought gas in Valdosta for $3.41, after driving from one end of town to the other, hoping for a better price. I got a bit of bushwhacking done in Quitman, trying to tame the overgrown yard. A fruitless occupation, as it is obviously growing much faster than I can whack back. Plus there is always lots of tree-trash, blown down by storms, that begs to be picked up.

Had lunch with a friend of my mom's and got back to Columbus in time to go to bed.So I could get up and go to work again today. Tomorrow I will try to get some of the mess in my own back yard cleaned up.


No comments:

Post a Comment