Monday, July 29, 2013

millipedes.... arrrggghhh...

Just because you have not been reading about the on-going trials and aggravations, does not mean that it is not on-going. If you think it's tedious out there when you snatch my words out of space, you should come by here and deal with the problem every day. Never ending. There are,between the living and the dead, generally about a dozen every morning. Not nearly as volumnious as when this first started, and I was literally sweeping up forty or fifty or more each morning - but no less annoying. Just the process of opening my eyes, and thinking of what I will have to do as soon as I walk in the kitchen every day: arrggghhh.

Now that the population explosion has diminished somewhat, I can go in and sweep once, put my broom and dustpan up. And have have learned that after that first early morning effort, I can easily corral those amongst the living with a piece of paper. You just put the paper in the path of the simpleminded wiggler and it will walk onto it. Then you go drop it in the toilet. The only problem being, they are so lacking in discernment (possibly even completely brainless), they just keep walking, walking, walking. And when they get to the edge of the paper before you get to the 'dropping off place', they will fall off the edge of the transporting paper.

So you have to stop, just like in the Spoon-and-Potato race when you drop your potato, and start again. Put your piece of paper on the floor in the direct path of the millipede. Wait for the bug to walk onto the edge of the paper, and try again to get to the bathroom before it walks off another edge. Since discovering they cannot swim, I try to get them all in there, fruitlessly treading water before flushing. Even though I am not being totally 'environmentally friendly' by flagrantly disposing of wildlife without discretion, I want to wait, and make it worthwhile to flush!

No comments:

Post a Comment