Tuesday, July 30, 2013

making pocketas.... part 2 (the end)

I'm done. Went to the 'just-a-buck store' and bought four pound bags of dry black beans (thinking if I did not actually put them all in the little pocketas, I could eventually eat them, as I am, for some odd reason, inordinately fond of black beans). But as it turned out, only used two pounds. The little pocketas are only about 3 x 4 inches, so I did not need nearly as much stuffing as anticipated, and now they are all filled, sewed shut, and ready to be tossed.

I used a piece of pillowcase I cut off a king-size to make it 'normal', since we don't have king-sized pillows any more, and it would flap around in your face, when you turn to the cool side' of the pillow. And a piece of sheet left over from some one making a 'welcome home' sign. Pleased to announce that in all the pondering, planning, and prepping the pocketas, I only sewed one shut without filling... pretty impressive, I think. And have two dozen little bean bags to take to church tomorrow. Plus two pounds of beans to make into salad, burrito-filling, soup, whatever, when I get to feeling a bit 'beany'.

No comments:

Post a Comment