Wednesday, September 19, 2012

r u ready?

Today, September 19, is 'Talk Like A Pirate Day", so you are expected to go around all day, offhandedly spouting things that you would learn from one-eyed kidnapped parrots in bad movies. Like 'ahoy, matey', and 'cast off, you slimey bilge pumpers' (I made that up) and 'avast there, you land lubbers', 'prepare to walk the plank', and of course the old standby: 'arrggh'.

I had several assorted pieces that I could patch together and try to convince people it had the overall appearance of being a Pirate Costume. Like little plastic sword, black eye patch, bandana to wear over hair, eye-liner pencil to make scruffy mustache and beard. But I think I must have given the essential ingredient: eye patch a toss when I cleaned out sock drawer. Now that I have heard a rumor about the advantages of dressing like a Pirate, in addition to the most importantly identified day when one should Talk Like A Pirate, I might have to drop by Party City or Toys R Us or Halloween Store to complete my costume.

Feel free to add your traditional shipboard sayings, used by the unwashed, unloved, brigands of the seas in the comments area - let's get cracking here, if we are going to be fouling the air with pirate talk all day....

No comments:

Post a Comment