Thursday, December 31, 2015

walking out...

...of another crummy movie. I was apparently mistaken when I thought it would be entertaining. It was not. Maze Runner, part 2 was not at all what I expected. Even though I had seen the first one, and thought it was pretty good, this second one did not seem to have anything even remotely related to the same story - and they threw in a bunch of walking dead. I was surprised it was rated as fairly kid friendly: PG-13. I saw little people there and can't imagine what they are permitted to view at home on tv, or why their parents would allow them to sit there and have the pee scared out of them. It was not suitable for this adult and most certainly not appropriate for small children.

There are folks I know who are thoroughly intrigued by the idea of an impending zombie swarm, and doing various things to be prepared for the inevitable attack. But I am not one, and not at all interested in seeing or knowing anything about the habits or behavior of the undead. So when the good guys found themselves running at top speed hoping to escape the garish, shredded, eternally hungry stalkers for the third time, I knew it was time to leave.

Due to the fact that the Scorch Trials was showing at the 'cheap seats' I did not even bother to go ask for a refund. I just went home and into my nice warm bed. Thankfully the zombies did not follow me, the rest of the night was peaceful with nothing creeping around to haunt my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment