Saturday, December 19, 2015

baking....

if fakery counts. Not baking in the truest sense of the word, but putting things on cookie sheets/pans, inserting in the oven, setting the timer and taking them out. So maybe if you stretch your imagination and don't look too closely?

Making a batch of the stuff that is chex cereal coated with melted chocolate, peanut butter and rolled in powdered sugar. So it definitely does not qualify as 'baking'. And some of those three ingredient peanut butter balls that you mark with forkprints and cook for eight minutes.

And  now some of the chex mix that has butter and worchestershire plus seasoned salt. You drench it in the wet stuff, then put it in the oven to dry it out, stirring to get the flavoring on all the nuts, cereal and pretzels.  I always have to wonder why I add the pretzels? As they are on  my list of things I hope to never put in my mouth again.

No comments:

Post a Comment