Wednesday, December 2, 2015

ab-so-lutely exhausted...

...from being on my feets for eight hours today. I don' t know why I am feeling so beat, but it was just a long tiring day. The recipe I was cooking in the Apron's demo. was interesting, but I did not taste it due to the fact that it was salmon. Poached in coconut milk. People who tasted it said it was good, and most seemed surprised when I told about the ingredients. I've never cooked anything with coconut milk, so it was pretty much a surprise to me too. Though not my idea of good eats... even though after making it five times, I have the recipe memorized.

I should go ahead and remind you that coconut is on my list of things I hope to never put in my mouth again, so even if there were not a very strongly flavored fish involved, I would not eat the food that has simmered in coconut milk. They - the passersby, people who tasted the food - said you could not taste the coconut, but just to be on the safe side, I did not let it get close to my mouth. Lots of people declined, saying they were not seafood or fish eaters. I said 'me too'.

One guy who stopped by, a man who works at the post office and I often see when buying stamps said he did not like coconut. I was so amazed I started sharing my list of Things to Avoid. And they were all on his list too! We commiserated and sympathized about things like oreos, and pecan pie and marshmallows. Hoping to never be in a place where politeness would cause us to consume those undesirables.

No comments:

Post a Comment