Friday, December 4, 2015

probably shouldn't tell this....

...but it is so amusing, in perverse sort of way, I will feel much better for sharing. Even though I should keep it to myself, I hope you will be entertained, instead of finding it totally offensive. If it is seriously inappropriate, you  need to let me know, and I will (maybe) delete it before it shows up on the front page of the newspaper. Not that anyone actually gets their news from reading something as archaic as words printed on paper....

A few people have heard it, so you might want to skip this story. But for those who have not: there was discussion Wednesday night about how we would travel on Thanksgiving Day, when we were planning to go to Decatur for lunch. I offered, saying I get really good mileage out on the interstate, and did not mind driving if  he wanted me to. I did  not get a definite response either way, so not sure what to do. I got up on Thursday morning and put my casserole in the oven, planning to leave home about 9:00, to arrive around 11:00.

And asked again: 'who's driving?'  He said he really did not like to drive in the dark coming back home, as his night vision is getting bad. He agreed I would drive, and I got all my things put in the back of my car. He is a very big man, and looks squeezed in when he gets into my little car. I pushed the seat back as far as it would go, and he forced himself  into the passenger seat. He really filled  my car up, and looked very uncomfortable. But he got in, situated and got the door closed. I backed out of the carport and we got underway.

I was about a quarter of a mile down the street, when he said: "You drive too fast." I said, 'Oh.' And made a U turn as soon as I could. He asked what I had forgotten. I said 'I am going back to the house, so I can ride with you.' 

"Oh, no - that's ok, I'll ride with you." I said: "Oh, No. I am Not going to listen to that all day long. I am going to ride with You." So we did. I put all my stuff in his huge GMC and he drove to Decatur, had lunch, then hetook a nap on the couch while I went to visit the cousins. And he drove himself back home in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment