Wednesday, December 2, 2015

of course it is...

...raining this morning. I laid in bed and listened for a while. Then forced myself to get up and begin the day. I should have known wetness would be in the forecast, since I came home on Monday afternoon and washed my car. It's been  months since it was even semi-cleaned up, though I do occasionally get out the vacuum and sort all the recycling that accumulates on the floor inside. And now that it is nice and clean, it figures I would be driving down the streets where everything in the world will splash up on my sparkly white vehicle.

Historically, in a Murphy's Law sort of way, I've always thought that certain things are practically foolproof methods of causing it to rain. Like hanging clothes out on the line. Or washing your car. Or deciding it has gotten so dry you drag the garden hose around and start the sprinkler.

I've been thinking I would go to the garden shop and get some broccoli and cauliflower to plant, so now's the time. with the soil well soaked. That would likely be an exercise in futility as historically I've had near zero success, winter crops not actually producing anything edible when purchased, plant and wait expectantly. But now that we've had a good soaking rain, it's time to give it another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment