Friday, January 25, 2019

thought-full quote...

... from a book so un-memorable I will  not provide any information about the title/author, etc. But came across a sentence that was so worth sharing, I wrote it on my bookmark. I plan to take the book back to the library, only half-read, and drop it in the box, unfinished.

"I know a cure for everything: salt water... in one form or the other... sweat or tears or salt sea."
Karen Blixen in the "Seven Gothic Tales".

I think I recall she wrote that amazing "Out of Africa" book that was made into a movie with Meryl Streep and Robert Redford. A gorgeous scenic wonder of a film with those wide shots of the savanna and sweeping landscapes of a sere continent.  I am also believing I remember she wrote under a pseudonym, Isaac Dineson? I have not read anything she wrote, though this quote tempts me to do a little research to find some of her work, spend a little time with her.

The book I am not telling you about is a series of stories about someone who had seventeen brushes with death. Fiction, but unsettling nonetheless. No more facts to be shared here.

No comments:

Post a Comment