Thursday, February 8, 2018

a really productive day...

... has occurred in my life. After getting out of bed at 4 a.m. to go to work at five, I have also spent several hours on a sub. teaching job I scrounged up last night. The person who was out needed a replacement for half of the day, starting at 11:30. Excelllent  timing, as I got off work at 9:15 and had plenty of time to get to the elementary school for wrangling four year olds.

I half-expected they would be in the lunchroom, or just coming back, which would take up a considerable amount of the three hours, but they probably start lunch as soon as others finish breakfast. Already in the classroom when I reported for duty, a noisy bunch that could induce a headache if you were in close quarters with them all day long. Fortunately, these little ones are still of the age that they are encouraged to take naps - so that made the time move along speedily.

I'm inching closer to the minimum twenty days required for the school year. I think today gives me a total of seventeen. So it should be easy to get at least three more between now and mid-May when the schools are out for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment