Tuesday, November 10, 2015

update on bum knee...

...that has been going to the chiropractor again. A different guy. Making me think I should have been taking it to the female chiro. that I really like and have not been to in a couple of years. Just prefer going to a female instead of having a man poking and prodding me. This joint has been a pain for the better part of a year: orthopedic dr., therapy, acupuncture, chiropractic have not had any noticeable effect. But it occurred to me last week that I need to be doing something to find a solution, rather than limping around on a trick knee for the next twenty years.

I went back today, for the second appt. As expected, he asked if I could tell any difference. And as expected, I was undecided. There are times when it does not hurt at all, and times when I am anxious about taking the next step thinking it will be miserable. I'm not sure it has been effective, and not sure you can notice improvement after only two 'adjustments'.

But willingly admit that the one I saw for the first time last week seemed to be much more interested in providing some relief. Did a more thorough inquiry into history, and spent more time in the exam room, adjusting to try to get things back in the proper balance/order after  months of varying degrees of misery. I'm supposed to have two appointments for several weeks, then perhaps just once a week if/when we decide it has been beneficial, though it is possible he could pronounce me 'cured' when the insurance coverage runs out!

No comments:

Post a Comment