Tuesday, November 3, 2015

about a poorly functioning body part...

... that has been plaguing me since the end of last year. As could be expected, the knee has not gotten any better as of been largely ignored. Other than taking pain meds on a constant basis, which cannot be beneficial to one's health. There is always a handful of generic Tylenol in my pocket, that I periodically consume throughout the day, take when I think about popping more drugs.

I am still in a quandary about the Velcro brace with metal stays for support. Knowing it does help but also limits flexibility even more, and using it surely causes reduced strength in muscles. This probably qualifies as a 'catch 22' situation... but so does walking out the door and crossing the street.

I have an appt. with a chiro. man today. My boss at work saw me hobbling along last week and asked if I had tried that route. I said I went to one a customer recommended, but after a month did not feel it was helpful and quit writing a check for thirty dollars each visit. The boss assured me I have not been to the 'right' one yet, and gave me the number of the guy he sees. If you know me, you will also know I am generally reluctant to go to a male physician, and would much prefer to do business with a female: but I'm willing to give it a try. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment