Monday, June 4, 2012

Yard workin'....

All this working in the yard: it never ends. Kinda like when you decide you need to start being healthier, and resolve to alter well-entrenched patterns. All those things you decide you need to be more conscientious and diligent about: you have to be on the defensive for the rest of your life, you never get to let your guard down. This is what the experts mean when they talk about Lifestyle Changes.  Which is great in theory, the only problem being: you already know how good that apple labeled 'sin' tastes. And how your taste buds do the 'happy dance' when you eat hot, greasy salty french fries dipped in cold sweet ketchup. And how your brain is already addicted to chocolate.

I'm the one who says hole digging is great therapy - and it still is, but lots more satisfying if you have something to put in it. I recently bought what I hope is the last purchase I will make to add stuff to the flower beds in have been inventing and renovating for months. (Please note that 'hope' is the operative word - I am getting better at telling myself they will not survive the blasting heat of summer - but also know how I get 'plant lust' and take home things I didn't plan on having and now to figure out where they will most likely survive).

I haven't planted those little red penta plants and came home last night to find them panting from the heat. Everything is thirsty... we didn't get anything  from the tropical storm out in the Atlantic recently, and I need to start dragging the hose in earnest. Plus maybe hang some clothes out on the line, possibly have a car wash to bring on the rains.

No comments:

Post a Comment