Saturday, May 26, 2012

and then it was Thursday....(and Friday)

I told my spouse well over a week ago, when I knew how much travel was involved here, that I needed to let him know what was going on - but he was not allowed to make any comments about how crazy it all sounded.
So he listened, though he cannot do so with interrupting to offer advice, then, of course, said: That's Crazy!

But it all seemed to pile in together. Not deliberately or intentionally, but since I am the one who continually consults the calendar due to not storing anything to do with numbers in my ill-equipped, math. impaired brain - I have to shoulder the responsibility for being so irresponsible in the scheduling.

Sunday: worked at Publix
Monday: drove to Decatur for the day, and home again
Tuesday: worked at Publix, drove to Decatur
Wednesday: drove to Greenville and back home
Thursday: drove to Valdosta and Quitman
Friday: drove to FL, and back home
Saturday: trying to justify such craziness.

I went to visit my auntie in Valdosta, for a few hours. Had a nice visit and admired her gloriously blooming beds that she has enjoyed planting and watering over recent months. And Moe's burritos for supper. But the primary reason for going to south GA was to spend the day with a friend whose mom had died the end of last year. She is so smart, and resourceful and practical and sweet and funny and honest. She teaches yoga among her many other talents ,skills, endeavors - so I went to  my first yoga class. I was thinking I need to start going to the Y and do something like that, or tai chi plus get back into swimming. So I have dipped my toe into yoga and find it relaxing, plus got to be good for me.

Then we went to Tallahassee (regrets to RG) to the nursery, where she bought too much stuff, and I bought things I did not need, but have the perfect place to put as they will be a great addition to my plan to be more welcoming to pollinators.I hope I will get the red pentas planted today, and looking forward to clouds of butterflies, busy buzzing bee visits and whizzing appearance of hummingbirds when they see what I bought for them to enjoy.

Got home about dark, but too loaded with caffiene to go to bed, so I was up reading at nearly midnight

No comments:

Post a Comment