Tuesday, December 26, 2017

the other (gift) thing...

... they all will be enjoying after Christmas was a visit from Santa Claus. Several years ago, probably when I went in a flight to Virginia to see my brother, I read the Delta 'in flight' magazine, and discovered instructions for making origami designs out of a dollar bill. I think it was a bird, maybe a crane or dove? Anyway - it was too complicated for my simple brain to grasp, so I recruited my BFF to help me turn the greenback into some neatly folded creature.

I asked the BFF to practice it on a Washington, then when she had figured it out to show me how, and we would multi-fold Franklin to give for Christmas. I thought it was a nifty, clever idea. Who couldn't think of some way to fritter away a treasury bill worth $100? I believe I was the only one who was impressed. Oh, well...

So this year, I got some little pieces of white paper and made a disguise so no one would know it was really Ben Franklin. Tucked into a plain white envelope, he was wearing a white beard with mustache and red hat with white fur trim. I am almost certain no one who opened the envelope had any idea that it was really Ben traveling incognito.  Why would you think that it was anything other than the Jolly Old Man who lives at the North Pole surrounded by midgets?




No comments:

Post a Comment