Wednesday, December 20, 2017

errands done...

... and marked off my list. A busy day of running around on Tuesday - and that was after spending over four hours at the elementary school where I have been doing some fill-in/sub. teacher work several mornings recently. I was so impressed at the end of the tail-chasing day, I thought I should save the list as a little monument to high level productivity.  Except for the distressing fact that it was not so productive.

The one thing I was hoping to accomplish was a small appliance gift. Surprisingly, I discover it to be such a hot seller, no one has them in stock, so not available in the store, or on-line or in the warehouse or on the boat from China.  It is a combination crock pot (slow cooker) and pressure cooker (super fast cooker). Plus has a timer you can set to either get your food ready and turn off, or wait until you tell it to start,  ready the minute you walk in the house to weary too think about what to prepare.

I was up and out of the house before 7 am to get to the store and inquire. After a failed foray on Sunday when I was informed a truck that comes in the wee hours  on Tuesday and more of the wonderful InstantPot would be available for sale after they unloaded and sorted. Well, guess what? No truck. But that very pleasant young manager I spoke with who was so agreeable as I vented my frustrations on Sunday night told me there would be a re-supply on Thursday. And she took my contact info. to save me one if they were came in.

For a back-up plan, I went to Target (all out) and Best Buy (all out) hoping to find one. Having two would not be nearly as problematic as having none. I honestly never even heard of the thing before it appeared on a Wish List. Attributable, I suppose, to the wonders of engineering, baffling secrets of computer chips, and constantly evolving micro-sizing of technology. Reminding me of that old joke about the guys who were deciding over the most amazing invention/discovery of all time. One suggested 'fire', the second thought 'electricity' and the last guy felt like the most remarkable thing on the planet was his Thermos bottle. The others asked in bafflement: "Why?"  He said he was astounded that it could keep hot things hot and cold things cold, and wondered: "How do it know?"

No comments:

Post a Comment