Tuesday, December 19, 2017

back to the doctor...

... on Monday afternoon for a recheck. They don't do anything until they have more pictures for which they can bill insurance. Every time I have been in the orthopedic clinic, the first thing that happens is a trip down the hall to the xray room: four more gruesome photos of my innards. I had plenty of time to study the newest view of my skeleton while waiting for the PA to come and and talk about what I was peering at on the screen.

Really pretty interesting, when you get past the 'ugh' factor. From my point of view, it appeared the little metal plate that was put in under the skin, secured with a number of screws, was on the back of my wrist. But being a layperson, versus the expert, I was soon to understand that the machine sees through bones, but not metal, and that permanent addition was on the inside of my arm, just below the bend. I took my sharpie so the doc could draw me a picture on my skin for me to see just exactly where I've been improved. No, I am not contemplating a tattoo there, just wanted to be able to visualize what is going on.

The best-est news is that the PA told me to quit wearing the brace that has been my best friend for weeks. I told her the therapy person has expected that it will be worn continuously. So being granted permission to not put that confining addition on every day is a welcome relief. I just need to be constantly alert, on guard to not use the still healing hand in undesired actions: still no pushing or pulling or lifting. On the mend!

No comments:

Post a Comment