Saturday, October 28, 2017

w/o adult supervision...

...when the caregiver/daughter left late in the afternoon to go back to Decatur and tend to her own little family. I knew I would be ok, and sent her on her way to nurse on the disabled at home. She reported the alarm was set to remind me to take meds. in a timely manner  for pain relief.

I took drugs before I went to sleep about 10, after reading a while in bed. And had very vivid, awful, horrible, scarey dreams. Frighteningly realistic, and gruesome. When the alarm woke me, much to my relief, I thought maybe the crazy brain activity was due to high-powered pain Rx. And decided I've had enough freaky stuff in my head, so I'm already back to OTC industrial-strength generic tylenol. It is remotely possible that I could, might, maybe consider taking it at some time in the future: but that overnight experience has likely cured me.

Though I still have some weeks of recovery from hand surgery ahead, I hope to manage decreasing discomfort with over-the-counter pain meds. After bizarre technicolor stuff inside my skull overnight, I feel like I am done with high-powered  Rx. I might not be 100% well, but almost certainly cured from ever taking class IV drugs again.  Too strange for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment