Sunday, October 1, 2017

amazing myself...

... by accidentally unintentionally finding out how to do something on my computer. It is really sad to feel so intimidated by technology. It is so frustrating to not know how to do stuff, and have things disappear. It is so aggravating to not have the tech skills needed to work the system without thinking important stuff will vanish forever when the wrong button is tapped.

I do not know much about any of this. I am a regular, every day passenger on the Struggle Bus when it comes to phones and computers. More than once I have called a co-worker to ask him how to do something, and he will often have a ready response. Or be willing to do some research and get back to me with a solution or answer to my problem. Young people... what can I say?

The thing I was looking for was my password needed to access computers at work. Everyone has to do some OSHA stuff each month, about five minutes worth of store protocols, saftey procedures to refresh and remind. A short video that has to be done on company computers, that record the fact that you have completed the assignment. But you have to know your personal password/pin to access the portal. So I could not view the film the entire month of September, while I was struggling to remember my secret number.

I knew that was in here someplace. Just didn't know where to look, how to find the secrets. Even called the daughter who I have actually seen find passwords. But she could not help. Then called the co-worker who has gotten me out of more than one jam. He said he would do some research and find the route, let me know the following day.

I had an Eureka! moment on Saturday - I found it myself! Even though no one else is impressed, I am still quite pleased about my accomplishment. Thinking I better write the path down, since I cannot remember pins or passwords.

Options. Security. Log-ins. Aha!

No comments:

Post a Comment