Saturday, October 28, 2017

surgery...

...can't say for sure, as I don't know. I do not remember a thing. Cannot confirm it happened. I know the doc routinely comes out to speak to family members afterward, so I will just have to assume he did what we agreed upon. Daughter, who was present, said the Doogie-Houser-looking surgeon reported having talked to me in the OR, but did not expect I would not recall anything. They may have just rolled me in that room with all the equipment on carts and bright lights to install a tracking device. Or  a micro- chip like vets do, so anyone who finds me wandering will know who to contact in order to call off the search.

The arm looks to me just like it did before I was wheeled away, splint and ace bandage appear to be unchanged. There is orange betadine staining ends of appendages left exposed, but otherwise, no visible improvements. Upon discharge about 3:00,  I was rolled out the door and provided with 'do's and don'ts', instructional material from the surgeon. There was also a narrow strip of paper, about 3 inches by 12, with pictures. Two photos each of' 'before' and 'after', showing the interior of my hand before repair, and then after the extra parts were installed.




No comments:

Post a Comment