Saturday, October 7, 2017

aggravating as well as...

...completely un-necessary, but I did it to myself, so have no one else to blame. I feel like such a doofus, may as well go ahead and confess. Admit to stupidity, so I can move on.

It would be nice to be able to pass the responsibility for the entire scenario on to the friend who gave me the plants. But she is not the person who put it in my car, and let it turn over to dump dirt into the carpet. Even though it happened because I went by her house after work when she forgot to give it to me when we met for lunch yesterday. Which likely would have caused me to dump dirt on Friday instead.

I went to pick up my plant, and spilled plants and potting soil out on the floor of my car. So took the mat out and dumped that, but still had to get the vacuum out to get up what was left. The wrong occurred when I put the mat on the top of the car. It flew off when I left home, going to the store. Totally forgot it was there, and did not think about it until hours later. Dang it. I was so annoyed with myself. Not like the time I put someones shoes on the top of the car, and found them down the street weeks later. But still pretty irritating.

I had to get The Man Who Lives Here to drive down the street very slowly, with me as a passenger. Thankfully we did  not go far before I spotted the missing mat, and jumped out to retrieve it. Along the edge of the right of way, far enough off the asphalt that it did not get run over a gazillion times, but close enough to be easily spotted when we started the search. A story with a happy ending, so I guess I am finished with the aggravation.

No comments:

Post a Comment