Sunday, February 7, 2016

accidently working...

...more days than expected this week. Your week has not even started yet- since you probably don't go in to work until Monday morning. But I have already put in two days. And looking at several more, totaling close to what the rest of the world normally expects: forty hours.

People 'calling out', though I always thought it was 'calling in' as in calling the workplace to report you are indisposed and will not be on the job. Sorry about illness, but their misfortune is the reason I will be putting in more hours than usual. Lately my work schedule has been more than a little 'thin' on hours, making my little paycheck equally undernourished, almost to the point of transparency. So the opportunity to take full advantage of the poor health and misfortune of others will not be complained about. Rather - thankful for employment, fleeting though it might be....



No comments:

Post a Comment