Sunday, May 5, 2013

what/where to eat???

I got home from my little jobette, and he offered to take us someplace to get something to eat - probably because he had pretty much had his fill of 'TV dinners' that I left for him to eat while I was out of town for two days. I really had a hankering for something Mexican, but knew that the crowd would be crowded and loud at the place we usually go, since today is Cinco de Mayo. We drove by and they were standing out on the sidewalk waiting to just get inside, so that was a bust.

Then he decided to go the little Italian place we occasionally/infrequently go - and discovered they are closed on Sunday night. I came very close to saying: Taco Bell, but decided discretion would be the better part of valor as there was a little whiff of crankiness in the air. He asked for suggestions, but I said I didn't have any, so he went up on the northside and went to the new Bojangles chicken-biscuit place (oddly placed right jam up next to a Zaxby's chicken store). It was highly average. I'd only had a breakfast biscuit from Bojangles before - and probably should not have ordered a salad at the chicken-and-biscuit place - but that was what I had. He said that the chick. fingers and fries were  nothing to write home about.

And started telling me about going to a place we've talked about that is in the same building as a curb store - which to my way of thinking means the food is all pre-packaged or prepared off-site, even if they 'call' it a cafe. Don't you agree that if you go to a curbstore looking for something to eat, you will likely get curbstore quality food? This little cafe snuggled up right next to the Chevron convenience store opened as a seafood store, which soon went underwater. And is now more of a fast-food, sandwich place. He said he went there one day, and after he had ordered himself a hamburger, discovered that it would cost $14. I am thinking it would have to be pretty dang fabulous to be worth that - especially when I am so happy getting my burger off the 99 cent menu at Wendys. So I was curious to know how amazing it was, and what sort of deliciously outstanding sides came with a burger that was almost $15. He said the only thing memorable about it was the price. And that did not include the tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment