Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday morning

I had such a remarkable lack of fun when I spent the day subbing on Wednesday, it never occurred to me to try to find another one for today. It's pretty unusual that I have a little square on my calendar with Nothing written on it. On a 'blank' day, I usually put some effort into trying to find 'day labor' work (like the guys who stand on the street corner, with lunch in a plastic grocery bag, hoping someone will slow down and offer to pay them for a few hours of some hard, dirty work.)

But here I sit, in my pj's, oblivious to the working world. I did get up and put on my robe to take the recycling bins up to leave for the truck that comes along about 8:00. Which is the perfect time to bring school and work traffic out there to a screeching halt. As long as it isn't me, who is usually running ten minutes behind, and frustrated at trying to get out of the driveway - it can be pretty amusing. When it's The Other Guy, you can always think: 'well... you shoulda' left the house sooner...' instead of weaving in and out of traffic, trying to make up your lost time by going 65 mph in a 40 zone.

So it looks like I will be puttering around in the yard- re-arranging things and pulling weeds, kinda like what Seinfeld said the show was about: 'nothing'. I never did actually watch it, but I fully understand the principle. That's mostly what you are reading - and since you are so experienced at doing it, you might as well come over and let's do some puttering together?

No comments:

Post a Comment