Thursday, May 16, 2013

did you miss me?

I've worked every day since last Thursday. Pretty unusual for a person who might, if lucky, get an opportunity to work ten hours in the average week, so it goes without saying there must have been a major holiday event in the recent past. "There's a pony in here somewhere...", which in this case would be getting a decently padded paycheck in a couple of weeks, that will be nice, but still insufficient to improve cash flow: much more outgo than income.

The work was expected for the days leading up to 'Remember Your Mom' day. And then my co-worker in the Floral Shoppe was off for several days, which provided me with plenty of time on the clock. I told him that I enjoyed doing the job for a few days but always thankful he returns. I  get to the point that I harbor a secret fear that he will enjoy being off so much, possibly win big on the lottery, or come into an unexpected windfall, he will head for the south seas - and I will be stuck doing his job day after day, week after week. I don't like the job, or working in general, that much!

So now I am looking forward to more travel. I'll be getting up (too) early on Friday to drive to Decatur and get into town and off the twelve-lane wide chaos before every one else gets up. Spend the morn. puttering around, and head on to TN in the afternoon. Before all those people I managed to avoid decide to leave work early, and head out for weekend fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment