Monday, May 6, 2013

'weed pulling therapy' joke...

I got a notice, via e-mail about a week ago, that sounded like it would be pretty fun and entertaining. Someone who is really involved in volunteer activities at the Columbus Botanical Gardens sent out a notice  about an opportunity to do some sort of exercise, there in the Gardens. I thought: oh, goody... I will get some time with those people I find so amusing, and we will do some exercising together. The invitation looked very neat, and cute: you know how those things that are so cleverly designed and sent through email can be.

So I clicked on the button, to agree to attend, and discover that we are all being invited to: work!

You get to pick your day, and time, and bring your gloves, clippers and spade. They promise to have plenty of weeds that need attention, and provide ample supervision so no one has to feel slighted if they get finished with their assigned plot too early.

I went this morning, and pulled weeds, picked up sticks for a couple of hours - it was good therapy, but not so like the 'fun' gathering I first expected when I opened the invite. I will definitely be reading the fine print in the future....so I guess the 'joke' is on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment