Wednesday, August 15, 2018

bucket list...

... something I never even knew. Never had the thought to put on the list, with never any possibility of being able to mark it off: being in a movie! I did - and hope it does not end up on the cutting room floor. But even if that occurs - I can still report that it did happen, and I've taken part in the making. You will most assuredly have to look quick to see me, but I am there, and have hundreds of witnesses.

The group of people from Albany, GA. about ninety miles southeast of Columbus, in the southwest quadrant of the state have made a number of movies with a religious, redemptive theme. About people in crisis and the choices they make. The Kendrick brothers, from Sherwood Baptist, started making movies families could view together and discuss. They wanted to create films that would provide wholesome entertainment, find common ground with opportunities to talk about morals and character. They were here last week, filming a story about a young girl who went out for track and surprised everyone, including herself, by becoming an accomplished runner. I don't know the whole story, but the working title is '6K'. There were signs along the street, near the school where they were shooting the film so it is apparently '6K' is what they were using to direct people to the location.

After an email notice about an opportunity to be an extra, I responded, but heard nothing. Another email from a friend got me started again, and I went last week to the school, following email instruction and signage to the cafeteria. Nothing happened that day due to pounding rainstorm, but the following day, when I went back, we were in the bleachers, as part of the crowd at the track meet. I don't think I have ever been so hot in my life, out in the blazing sun for hours.

Watch for me in the stands, wearing a red T shirt and my tie-dyed bucket hat. Try not to laugh. But instead think: how are you doing on your bucket list? Next project: find a parade and insert myself...

PS: The title of the movie, where you will see me in the stands during the awards after the 'track meet' filmed at Brookstone School, is 'Overcomer'. I expect it will take at least a year to do all the editing, promotional work and release for viewing at commercial theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment