Saturday, August 4, 2018

and another thing...

... about the Artist's Guild Show. I decided if all those other 'patrons of the arts' could provide awards in memory or honor of people in their lives, I should be doing that too. I kinda, sorta forgot that I had sent them a check weeks ago, to add another cash award when they start giving out money as the Most Best Award ever for people trying to produce good art. Some of those artists who put a piece of their work in the show each year really are people who support themselves with what they create on canvas, or water color paper, or pottery or wood-carving. It is evident from the quality of the products seen hanging in the displays or sitting on the columns showing three-dimensional work.

Other pieces of the art in the show clearly demonstrate that the maker is someone who has not received any training in the fine arts whatsoever. But they are people who love to build, create, put colors together and see what happens. Even those who have no skill, are obviously amateurs, can do amazing things with the tools they have to work with, assembling and designing, having great fun making art.

The email went out to all the members of the guild with guidelines about how to get your entry ready for the show, accompanied by the form you had to complete, about two months ago. I don't paint or create, but I decided I can and should support the arts and artists, provide a little award to encourage someone who is imaginative and creative. The Guild got a check for one hundred dollars, to use at the discretion of the people who were putting the effort into preparing for the show. I don''t know any thing more than that: the part where I put the check in the envelope and put it in the mail for them to give away.

What I do know: the check was a donation to a non-profit, so I can take it off  my income tax. It was designed to be an Award from the F.Family Fun Fund. Well, I thought it was amusing....

No comments:

Post a Comment