Saturday, March 10, 2018

it is always a good...

... thing when one is willing to report foolish behavior when  telling on onself. It even says so on the fridge on a magnet that states: "A person who can laugh at himself will never fail to be amused". I had some of that today, when I was sitting by myself in the little glorified closet/store room where supplies are kept to be used throughout the weekend retreat.

No one else was in there, so I sat reading the book I have put down and taken up again numerous times in recent weeks. Things got quiet in the early afternoon following lunch and clean up, and there was not much productivity occurring. I guess  most of the volunteers were taking a break during a lull between assignments. I realized my eyes were getting tired, and I was showing signs of an impending snooze. So I lined up three chairs in a little row, and thought: I will just lay down here for a few minutes and see if I can get myself a little nap while no one is paying attention.

Needless to say, as soon as I got situated, people started coming along, needing various supplies for the next activity.I did not open my eyes or give any sign of being alert/aware. I am sure they all thought: crazy person alert! I might have been able to get a two second snooze. but that was the most unsatisfactory nap I have ever experienced. Resulting in just about what I should have expected from the place I choose in my attempt. Did I mention I woke up at 4 a.m.?  It is now nearly eleven p.m., well past the usual time when I put myself to bed. Guess I will give that nap another chance .....

No comments:

Post a Comment