Tuesday, March 27, 2018

even though...

...it is in poor taste, and not something you would tell a small child due to requiring unwanted explanations, it is still funny. Someone told me a joke at work recently that was so amusing I started laughing long before the punch line. Just the set up, when you have a good imagination and are able to form a mental  picture was so hilarious, I was entertained before he even got to the part meant to be funny.

The co-worker started by telling me: "there are two potatoes standing on the street corner."  Doesn't that present an interesting picture in your head? Are you laughing already, with the idea of Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head standing on a busy corner in some large city, waiting for the traffic light to change so they can cross the intersection? While waiting for traffic to clear, swapping out various parts, changing mouths or ears?  It made a marvelous image when he started telling the story... Causing me to crack up before he even got underway, so he said "have you heard this?" I said no, but the snapshot that appeared in my head when that thought went in was so amusing I could not help but laugh.

He went on: starting over with the idea of the family of potatoes standing on the sidewalk, and asked if I knew how to tell which one was the prostitute? I thought to myself 'Uh-oh, where is this going?' But took a chance and said "I don't know." The answer: You have to look for the one that has a sticker that says "I-da-ho". 

Say it aloud. Think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment