Friday, January 5, 2018

what's old is new...

... sounds sort of cryptic, but only means the resolution I found so enjoyable last year has been recycled. I had thought early on, back when we were just trying on 2017 for size, to see how it might suit, that I would not make any. Especially since I had failed with the ones from the previous year - trying to decide if I should give another go on those unsuccessful but well intended plans. Or just not bother at all rather than feel like a hopeless mess.

Then I came up with a brilliant plan that was guaranteed to  provide excellent results. Feel free to appropriate my grand scheme if you think it might suit your purposes as well. Here is the proposal: Tell all the people you would love to spend more time with you are going to have lunch together. Explain your desire to have lunch at least once a week with someone who makes you laugh. We all have (or should have) lots of people in our lives that we don't see often enough, and keep thinking we should make time in our busy lives to sit and chat over tea, lunch, desserts. Make a date to go to Panera.

I actually kept a record over the year, making a note in the margin of my monthly calendar, from week to week as I had time with entertaining friends and family, people who bring joy just by their presence. Nearly every week of my soon to be tucked away 2017 has someone (or several) that I was deliberate about seeing. Where does not matter, just devoting the time.  Be intentional in searching out sources of good endorphins, make an effort to be in the presence of people who bring you joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment