Friday, January 19, 2018

travelin' today...

... on the road to South Carolina today. Hopeful the interstate is not icy. On the way north yesterday, driving to Decatur to spend the night, the roads were clear so I am not expecting any problems. There is still a lot of snow in places where the sun did not melt it, and likely plenty of icy places where it did melt, and refreeze in low temp. overnight. But I feel like the interstate gets enough traffic that it dried off and will not be slick as owl s#*t as I am driving north.

I've not been to SC for several months, though I normally try to get up to Greenville to visit my pen pal every few weeks.  Health issues intervened: first me not wanting to negotiate the busy thoroughfares with a broken arm, anxious about ability to maneuver with my handicap. Then my pen pal was in the hospital for some time, and wanted to be left in peace when he got home. Asking that he not have visitors until after the holidays. Plus crazy weather no one can predict much in advance.

I have figured out, through trial and error, enough about my phone to see what the weather is like. For someone who is hopelessly inept with technology, that is quite an accomplishment. I'm pretty impressed, to know where to look to discover what the prognosticators are telling us to expect. Looks like warming and sunshine today, so I am feeling like it will be a pretty day to be out on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment