Monday, January 22, 2018

doctor approved...

... when he told me he did  not need to see me again. Said the hand/arm looks good.  When I reminded him that I had a problem and a had made an appointment for a consult before I fell and needed emergency care. He said: 'Oh'. And told me I would have to make another appointment to talk to him about the 'original' problem. Which I did, because it still hurts.

I asked him if I was done with rehab. work as well, and he said that was up to the rehab. people. I guess I'm really not quite ready, as I know I do not have full mobility of that damaged joint. I went back to see the rehab person today, and she, once again, gave me a hard time about not doing what she has instructed. I told her I left town as soon as I saw her last week, and did not do the exercises/joint stretching things while I was traveling. Wondering if I get any points for honesty?

My next appointment with rehab is ten days away, and I am expecting she will turn me loose. Sort of surprised that insurance has been willing to pay for therapy visits for such an extended period of time. But I do know better than to question that! It feels pretty good, but admittedly I have not really put it to strenuous use since I was at work last week. The test will be how I manage when I am at work all day on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment