Thursday, January 18, 2018

it was so amusing...


... after I saw that short clip, from an advertisement on television, I found myself smiling, and occasionally chuckling all day long. Everyone needs a reason to smile, bright spots in each day especially in these dark, brooding, overcast winter days. This is so amusing, I laughed out loud when I saw it, at 4:30 in the morning, getting myself layer-ed up to head out to work.

You need the reference of a recent posting about my eating habits. "you might recall..." is about my willingness to eat things found in the fridge that would put other people in the bed, or hospital, or grave. When I used up all the almond milk I put on cereal or make smoothies with, I was reduced to drinking the bottom of a carton of (cow) milk that was not really safe to consume. Oddly: I had looked at the date on it previously and decided I would not use it. Then, the next morning, without a second thought, poured it over my cold cereal and gobbled it down.

Later, but not much, when I began to have undesirable symptoms of making a bad choice, I immediately remembered about that out-dated milk. And will be much more conscious of date checking in the future. I am really remarkably dependable about using a sharpie and masking tape to put dates (and ingredients if you cannot see in the container) on lids of everything that goes in the fridge. I knew better. And after than gut-wrenching experience, will certainly be more aware in the future.

The funny part (even though there is really nothing amusing about food poisoning) is the short clip a friend sent after she read the blog. It's only about five seconds long, but shows what happens when one is less than diligent about date-checking for dairy products. I've often heard that you can feel safe using milk even if it is several days after the date printed on the carton. But when the date is from the previous year: don't even give it the sniff test, just pour it out. And thank me when you are not hugging the toilet later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment