Monday, January 1, 2018

up early...

... to travel, heading to the Atlanta airport for a quick, unexpected trip to VA. After my brother called over the weekend to report anticipated surgery, it seemed like a good plan to go for a quick one-day visit.  I woke up too early the morning after his call, and began plotting. Thinking I could get to Atlanta, take the next flight to Richmond and just stop by for some conversation and reminiscing.

As you have read on the exterior mirror on the passenger side door: 'Things are much more complicated than they seem..Or was it: 'Objects are closer than they appear?' At any rate - you cannot just show up at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and ask them to get  you to VA. In my limited experience of today, you must first roll the dice, move your chosen marker on the game board, and fly to Philadelphia. I can longer say I have never been to Philly, even if all I saw was the inside of the air terminal and snow on the ground through the windows..

When we walked from one end of the terminal to the other (Murphy's Law - where you are is as far as possible from where you need to be) we had time to spare while awaiting the flight from Phil. to RIC. Stopped at the food court to get a bite before the hop from Pennsylvania to Virginia. Even though it is far from my idea of breakfast food, I suggested getting a Philly cheese-steak sandwich. Reluctant to admit having been to the 'Home of the Cheese-steak' and not sampled the drippy greasy mess right from the source. Better judgment prevailed, so we had bagels instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment