Friday, September 5, 2014

the reason ....

... I was headed to drop off items at church on a Thursday afternoon is due to my Very Important Volunteer work. I am the person who does the shopping for Sunday morning coffee drinkers. A member supplies the coffee, when he buys wholesale through his catering business. But all the accoutrements that are necessary for salving the caffeine addiction of hundreds of fellow attendees come from Sam's Club.

I guess I've been doing it for about a year or so. Have a Club card that serves as a credit card for Sam's and Wallyworld purchases. So I had been to get an assortment of teabags. Those amongst us who are not coffee drinkers apparently get their fix via Bigelow. The first time I bought tea bags, having only purchased for my own personal use - I did not know it was inappropriate to serve them when not individually wrapped. Sanitation issue? So now I know that the only brand that is acceptable for use in public places is something that has 'way much extra packaging: each bag inside the cellophane wrapped, sealed box is also neatly inserted in a little sealed envelope. You know: hermetically sealed, untouched by human hands, completely germ free and sanitized.

I usually find styro. cups, flavored creamers, plastic stirring stix, sweetner, etc., on the list - all things people use to make the potent, black, bitter liquid more palatable: so that brings about the question... What's the point? If you have to do all that stuff to make it drinkable, why drink it?

No comments:

Post a Comment