Saturday, August 24, 2013

working in the august heat...

I've been doing some yard work in the past couple of days. Picking up limbs and tree trash from recent weeks of windy weather and storms. Living on a big wooded lot, with lots of trees, therefore lots of likelihood of copious amounts of wind-fallen trash. Some too big for me to  move, so I will have to wait for the guy who can jerk the rope on the chainsaw to  make it more manageable.

But all the smaller stuff, and there is a lot, since I have not been out there in months to keep up with the mess: has been piled in the wheelbarrow and trundled up to the street for city pickup. So many little stacks of limbs there along the edge of the road, it looks like a community of beavers has relocated, and built a row of lodges in a little row - kinda like housing complex for water rodents, but on the pinnacle of local high ground.

Started on this project yesterday - foolishly waiting til' it got unbelievably hot to get out there and load up the wheelbarrow. So I'd get so hot I should have passed out, and stop, come in, cool off, and go back for more misery. So hot, that when I quit, I'd been at it so long, and gotten so dehydrated, I had a headache for the rest of the day.

I know it looks a Lot Better, but the sad part is that no one else can see what is not there anymore, so all the work I've devoted to cleaning up doesn't 'show'. And pretty annoyed when I think of several years ago, we spent a pile of money on getting house painted, up-dated to put it on the market. The whole goal of all that renovation was to think about moving to someplace with No Yard. And here we sit. With a Big Yard, and a tired yard-worker.


No comments:

Post a Comment