Thursday, August 29, 2013

Friday morning...

It seems that my phone will start ringing at 5:58 a.m., looking for warm bodies to go into random classrooms as substitute teachers - on the mornings I cannot make the commitment. And on the mornings, when for some unlikely uncommon happenstance, I do not have anything else on the agenda for the entire day - no one has need of my monkey-wrangling skills.

Pretty sure I can get over lack of demand - lots of things that can use my attention here on the home front. And if I had been seriously wanting a Fill In-Day Labor job, I would have been looking on the website last night when there were probably slots open for people who think (before spending an exhausting day in the classroom with two dozen wild Indians, at varying points along the warpath) they want the work. A friend who retired from the public school system after 24 years back in June looks ten years younger following a relaxing summer and the delightful prospect of being happily unemployed.

No comments:

Post a Comment