Wednesday, August 28, 2013

various and sundry infestations...

I hope something really interesting happens in my life before December 31, so this one will not go down in history as the year of the bug. In case you have been woefully missing an update on the millipedes: just when you wanted to believe those reports were relegated to the scrap-pile of history.Well - me too! I thought that particular crisis was over, as I only find little curliques of the little worms, peacefully deceased, lying on corners and along baseboards on the floor - all over the house, but still, thankfully deceased, nonetheless. I pick several up every day, that are so far gone, I don't even bother to flush them, just put them in the trash.

And those dang chiggers are still excellent company, keeping me busy scratching every thing from ankles to groin  Do females even have 'groins? I've only heard about 'groin' problems in relation to guys and sporting mishaps.It sounds so unsanitary, it should be a four letter word. Honestly, I have so many - even I don't believe it when I say 'over a hundred!'

And... as if we weren't buggy enough: when I was sweeping in the kitchen earlier in the week, and picked up the recycling basket in the pantry: there was a whole, complete, intact dessicated frog under it. How did that happen, you might ask? Me too, as I have no idea. I am completely baffled - as well as totally grossed out. It was one of the little tree frogs, you might see clinging to windows after rain, but still freaky to find flattened under the plastic basket. Fortunately, I already had my broom in hand, and dustpan nearby. That was so ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment